The emergency contacts are the security guardians of users' MYKEY accounts. Emergency contacts are needed when users lose their recovery phrases or need the security operation of accounts to take effect instantly. Especially when the recovery phrases are obtained by the others, if users have emergency contacts at this time, they can immediately replace the recovery phrases and the accounts will be secure.
Emergency contacts can assist users with the following operations:
- Replace recovery phrase - Emergency mode, no recovery phrase is required，wait 30 days
- Replace recovery phrase - Expedited mode, take effect instantly
- Re-authorize - Expedited mode, take effect instantly
- Unfreeze account - Expedited mode, take effect instantly
- Recover account - Expedited mode, take effect instantly
When creating MYKEY accounts, if users pass the verification, MYKEY Lab will be their first emergency contact by default to provide security assistance services.
If users don't use real-name registration when creating accounts, they will not have emergency contacts. We strongly recommend that users add MYKEY Lab as an emergency contact to provide security protection for your MYKEY accounts.